Our academic programs depend on volunteers to help organize, run and administer each program.
Below are guidelines for the responsibilities of each role for academic programs: Program Administrator and Coach (Teacher).
Program Administrator, a.k.a. Parent Volunteer, is responsible for the following:
- Be the central point of contact and leader of the Program
- Be the main advocate of and for the Program
- As a leader, you can recruit other volunteers to carry out the duties listed below; however, you are responsible
- Mobilize volunteer efforts
- Be present at all after school program meetings (as much as possible). Don’t make the Coaches do all the work.
- Plan, organize, and lead all program meetings. This includes student meetings as well as planning meetings with the Coaches and other volunteers.
- Own organizing, planning activities and support the teacher(s) by partnering with them
- Manage a central email account. We will create a Gmail account for the Program which you can manage directly or through your personal account.
- Ensure that communications are sent out to the right audience with the right and compete message in a timely manner. This includes the following channels:
- Facebook – optional
- Manage finances (mostly fee collection and expenses) for the program – the Foundation will help you with this
- Create documents/artifacts as needed such as signup forms, etc. – the Foundation has templates for many forms
- Ensure that the mission and policies of the Program and the Foundation are followed
Each Coach (or Teacher) has the following responsibilities:
- Be the primary contact for students during school hours ONLY
- Facilitate communication to the student body during school hours as needed. (i.e. PA announcements, during study periods, handout flyers, etc.)
- Be the liaison between the School and the Program. This includes applying for Board approval if needed, scheduling bus usage, etc.
- Print and make copies of paperwork
- If you get emails from students and/or parents, forward them to the program’s general email account. All emails should be answered by the Program Administrator
- Partner with the Program Administrator in organizing and planning for the Program
- Be the main advocate of and for the Program within the school system
In general, the Foundation is here to help you get started with any of the above. If you have any questions please contact us.