The Foundation For Academic Excellence supports extracurricular academic programs in the New Albany Ohio/Plain Local School district. We believe that these academic programs allow students to not only learn new skills and knowledge, they allow them to have fun doing it. By making learning fun, students participating in these programs not only do better in their regular academic activities, they become the creators and innovators of tomorrow.
In order to operate at their best many of these program require more funds than are allocated by the schools through fees. Your donations allow us to offer scholarships to cover program fees for deserving students, help programs purchase supplies and help cover transportation to competitive events.
Programs We Currently Support
- Adventure Club – is open to all middle and high school students who enjoy the outdoors. The goal of the club is to provide students the opportunity to explore science and environmental topics, build friendships, develop social skills, self-reliance and confidence. (Info | Donate)
- First Robotics – The New Albany Robotics Team, also known as Team AIR (All-In Robotics) is a part part of the First Robotics Challenge (FRC) Program. Each year, FRC introduces a new challenge in which teams have 6 weeks to build and program a robot for. In our first year in the FRC program, Team AIR has taken part in the Buckeye Regional Tournament where we won the Rookie Inspiration Award and the Queen City Regional Tournament where we were awarded both the Rookie High Seed Award and the Rookie All-Star Award. We also earned an invitation to compete in the upcoming World Championships in St. Louis, MO. (Donate)
- Future Innovators of New Albany (FIONA) – An organization that allows high school girls to mentor middle school girls in projects that teach participants how to find novel solutions to problems. (Info | Donate)
- Indian Music Orchestra of Central Ohio – A music extension program that exposes student participants as well as audience to the cultural music of India.
- Marine Biology Field Studies – The goals of this course include a comprehensive exploration of the marine and terrestrial environments that comprise the insular habitats of the Caribbean. This course is a one credit science course. (Donate)
- Math Counts – A competitive math program that competes in tournaments throughout the state.
- Ohio Model United Nations (OMUN) – Ohio Model United Nations is a three-day global education simulation experience that allows students in grades 6-12 to learn about the complete operations of the United Nations and its role as the world’s largest international peacekeeping and humanitarian organization. (Donate)
- Power of The Pen – Ohio’s award-winning educational enhancement program devoted to excellence in creative writing. It’s designed for writers at the 7th and 8th grade levels.
- Science Fair – This program allows students to research original science topics using the scientific method. It culminates in a regional competition each spring where top project go on to compete at state and national level. (Info | Donate)
- Science Olympiad – This is the most intense all year academic event we support in both the middle school and high school. (Info | Donate)
- S.T.E.M. Expeditions – STEM Expedition courses are designed to support the vision that students are truly intellectually curious, self-directed learners capable of expanding their world-view and developing international perspectives (Info | Donate)
Please download and print our standard forms and bring them to your first meeting.Student Code of Conduct (PDF) Liability Release Form (PDF)
Volunteers… please review our Program Responsibilities Guide